Block Prints





The process of Linoleum Blocking printing begins with a wooden block that has a linoleum coated on one side – I then decide on the subject matter for the block print; draw it on the linoleum side of the wooden block;  insuring  that the picture or words I draw on the linoleum are the reverse image that I want to print on paper.  The using a cutting device, called a linocutter, I cut away the linoleum from those areas on the block that I do not want to hold printer’s ink – in essence I cut away the negative areas around my image.  Once the block is completed – I ink it up and print the image on paper.
I use to do this when I lived in the Miami area in the mid to late 1970s and resumed doing it just recently:

The pears were done with a block I cutting recently; while the remaining  block prints were done from blocks I cut in 1975.

I sold a framed copy of the pears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of an Art Project - Follow the Pictures and the Respective Steps