Experimentation with Larger Block Prints

 I
 First block cut
 Second block cut

Third block cut




I have a number of printing blocks that are large (12" x 12")  - previously, ones that I used - I was not satisfied with the results - so I decided to try another approach - drew a depiction of a house in the woods - I then took 2 of these large blocks - one the front of the first block I carved out an image of the house - on the back of the first block, I carved out the intermediary row of trees in front of the house and in the second block, I carved out the image of the trees in the foreground.  I then printed the first image (house) over which I printed the intermediary row of trees; and then printed the foreground.  The result was somewhat satisfactory - but the house was obscured - therefore, I attempted variations by using only 2 of the carved images - one being the house printed lower on the paper and then the foreground cut; and then one using just the 2 blocks cut into images of trees .
I intend on experimenting some more with alternate versions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of an Art Project - Follow the Pictures and the Respective Steps